The final round of the 2009 U.S. Open begins in a about an hour from now and there are a several compelling storylines:
1. Can the co-leader Ricky Barnes hold on and make the U.S. Open his frist career win? or will the Major Championship pressure takes it toll on him?
2. Can co-leader Lucas Glover continue his steady play and capture the 2009 U.S. Open?
3. Can crowd Favorite,3-time Major Champions and World # 2 Phil Mickelson charge up the leaderboard and steal this major?
4. Can David Duval find a way to win the 2009 U.S. Open and make a statement that he is back.? After becoming the #1 player in the World and Winning The British Open in 2001 Duval all but disappeared and now he is on the first page of the leaderboard. Can he get it done?
5. Let not forget about Tiger Woods. Despite the fact he is 7 shots back with 11 holes to go, can Tiger make a run and somehow win this championship?
6. Will the winner be someone who we haven't spoken about? If so who?
Just a few of my thoughts. What do you think?