Wednesday, January 12, 2011
RE: Nike Golf Signs Joseph Bramlett
Story Courtesy of Golf Press Association:
Bramlett makes his professional PGA Tour debut this week at the Sony Open
BEAVERTON, Ore. (January 10, 2011) - Nike Golf announced today the signing of Stanford alum and PGA Tour school graduate Joseph Bramlett. Bramlett finished tied for 16th at the grueling, six-round final stage of qualifying school and will make his professional debut as a Nike Golf athlete when he tees it up in the first round of the PGA Tour's Sony Open in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Bramlett, a 22-year-old from Saratoga, California, has signed a multi-year agreement to represent Nike Golf in clubs, ball, footwear, glove, bag, apparel, headwear and accessories.
"I am very excited to begin my professional golf career as a Nike athlete," said Bramlett. "Nike equipment has been in my bag throughout my amateur and collegiate career and I believe strongly in its technology and performance."
Bramlett enjoyed an impressive career as an amateur; he became the youngest player to qualify for the US Amateur in 2002 at the age of 14 and was a member of the US team that participated in the 2002 World Junior Golf Cup. He was an all-American his freshman year at Stanford, where he helped lead the team to an NCAA title. He overcame two injuries to his wrist that nearly derailed his college career. Bramlett graduated from Stanford in less than four years and turned professional in the fall of 2010, earning his PGA Tour card this past December. He becomes the first athlete of African-American heritage to graduate from PGA Tour Qualifying school in 25 years.
On earning his PGA Tour card Bramlett stated, "This has been my dream since I was a little kid. Although I always had faith that this would happen, I am deeply humbled by the opportunity and challenges ahead."
"Joseph is a fine example of determination and will," said Mark Thaxton, Global Sports Marketing Director of Operations for Nike Golf. "We look forward to having Joseph on the PGA Tour this year representing Nike Golf."
Bramlett's Nike Golf Arsenal
* Driver: Nike Victory Red Tour 10.5 degrees
* Fairway Wood: Nike SQ II 3-wood/15 degree
* Hybrid: Nike SQ SUMO #2 hybrid/18 degree
* Irons: Nike VR Split Cavity (3 - PW)
* Wedges: Nike VR Forged 54 degree
* Ball: Nike ONE Tour D
* Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Collection
* Footwear: Nike Golf
- Tiger Woods Is Bogey Free in 1st Round at Torrey P...
- GolfWiz Blog: Top 10 Golf Predictions for 2011
- Tiger Makes 2011 PGA Tour Debut This Week
- Casa de Campo: Caribbean Golf At Its Finest
- Jhonattan Vegas wins Hope Classic in playoff
- African American Golfers Digest Releases Fall Edi...
- Sweet Apparel Exciting New Products for 2011
- Sweet Spot Apparel Promo Video
- Sweet Spot Apparel Launches New Products for 2011
- Announcement of the 2012 U.S. Ryder Cup Captain
- Joseph Bramlett Journey to the Tour
- Visit CSI Golf at 2011 PGA Merchandise Show
- CSI Golf Introduces New Line of BMR² Putters
- Tiger Woods to start 2011 at Torrey Pines
- 1968 - Martin Luther King's Prophetic Last speech ...
- From the staff at the GolfWiz Blog. We would like...
- Pocono Mountains to Host 20th Annual Ice Tee Golf ...
- RE: Sony Open in Hawaii Round !
- RE: Round 1 of the Sony Open In Hawaii Cancelled
- RE: Nike Golf Signs Joseph Bramlett
- Jeff Rude of Golfweek reports that Professional ...
- Bay Creek Golf Resort: Golfing Beside The Chesapea...
- Shawnee Inn My first recollections of Shawnee Inn...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2010 (50)