Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The 2011 Merchandise Show



The Good:


The 2011 PGA Merchandise Show will be remembered as the year of the driver. Taylormade and Cleveland Golf stand out in my mind. I had an opportunity to hit both drivers on the indoor driving range and I loved them both. Watch out for these drivers next month at your local golf stores.


The Bad:


The lack of minority participation at the 2011 PGA Merchandise show. Again I had a flash back of 2004. I didn’t see enough minority faces in the place and that needs to change.



The Ugly:


The PGA of American needs to help reestablish the African American Golfers Digest Diversity Pavilion. In order to bring true parity and growth to this show the diversity pavilion is a must and I would hope that the PGA of America will partner with the African American Golfers Digest to help bridge the gap of diversity in the golf business.


1 comment:

  1. Always a bit unnerving at the PGA Merchandise Show, the lack of racial diversity.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Followers